Chemical / Spray Program Manager
Mortenson Bros. Farms, located in Plainfield WI, is a family-owned 14,000-acre potato and vegetable farm. The farm raises potatoes, corn, beans, peas, beets, carrots, and soybeans in a 4 county area in central Wisconsin. More information can be found at www.mortensonbros.com.
Chemical / Spray Program Manager for a vegetable grower. This position will work closely with the Agronomy department, Farm Manager and Farm Owner to ensure day-to-day operations of the spray program and fall fumigation.
- Purchasing of chemicals, getting chemical quotes, etc.
- Experience with agricultural sprayers (equipment)
- In charge of chemical operations including data entry of applications into Land dB program
- Reviewing prepared data to ensure it is adequate, accurate, and complies with state and federal label requirements
- Maintaining chemical inventories
- Fumigation operations, i.e. responsible recordkeeping, placards and fumigation operator directions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Pesticide knowledge required
- Pesticide Applicator License (must have or must be able to obtain)
- Spray equipment knowledge required
- Land dB software or equivalent land management software a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement – Simple IRA, 3% match with no vesting
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com